General terms and conditions.
1. RENDER Legal Consultancy ('RENDER') is a solo proprietorship under Dutch law (“eenmanszaak”). Other trademarks of RENDER are RENDER Legal and RENDER.
2. These general terms and conditions apply to all services RENDER has been requested to provide on the basis of an assignment, including any subsequent or additional assignments.
3. All assignments are deemed to have been given to RENDER only. Assignments will exclusively be performed by or on behalf of RENDER.
4. RENDER shall execute any assignment issued to it for the benefit of the client only. Third parties cannot derive any rights from such assignments carried out for the client.
5. Any liability of RENDER will be limited to the amount to which a claim is awarded under the professional liability insurance in the matter concerned, to be increased by the amount of the deductible as provided for under the terms of the applicable insurance policy. Further information about the contents of the terms of the insurance policy will be provided upon request. If, for whatever reason, no amount is paid out under the above mentioned insurance, the liability of RENDER shall be limited to a maximum of euro 10.000,-.
6. Claims for damages shall expire after a period of one year from the day following the day on which the client became aware of the damages and the liability of RENDER.
7. RENDER may engage third parties in connection with the instruction from the client and it shall exercise due care in its selection of third parties. RENDER is not liable for damage that is the consequence of failures by third parties. RENDER assumes, and hereby stipulates, that each engagement includes the authority to accept, also on behalf of the client, any limitations of liability on the part of third parties.
8. Client indemnifies RENDER against any claims of third parties, including the reasonable costs of legal assistance, which in any way relate to or arise from the activities carried out on behalf of the client, except in the case of intent or gross negligence on the part of RENDER.
9. These general terms and conditions do not only apply to RENDER, but also to related entities, any former entities or employees, including their heirs, if they are held liable after they left RENDER.
10. Under the applicable legislation, RENDER is obliged to verify the identity of its clients and to report unusual transactions to the authorities in certain circumstances.
11. Personal data is being processed while performing an assignment for client. More information about our data processing can be found in our privacy statement on our website.
12. Unless otherwise agreed, the fees due shall be calculated in accordance with the hours worked, multiplied with the applicable hourly fee. All amounts are exclusive of vat. Services will in principle be invoiced on a monthly basis and have a payment term of 14 (fourteen) days.
13. A complaints procedure is available for services provided by RENDER, see www.renderlegal.nl/en/complaintprocedure.
14. The relationship between RENDER and its clients shall be governed by Dutch law. Subject to paragraph 15 below, the District Court Zeeland-West-Brabant, location Breda, the Netherlands, has exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising between RENDER and a client.
15. RENDER is associated with the ‘Klachten- en Geschillenregeling Advocatuur'. This means that all disputes arising from our services, including all disputes about invoices, will be settled in accordance with the rules of the ‘Geschillencommissie Advocatuur'.. See www.degeschillencommissie.nl for more information.
16. These general terms and conditions are available in both Dutch and English languages. In the event of any dispute arising about the contents or meaning of these general terms and provisions, the Dutch version will prevail.
RENDER is established in Breda and registered with the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 76792161. The most recent version of our general terms and conditions is available on this website.
version 1 January 2020