General terms & conditions.
1. RENDER Legal Consultancy ('RENDER LC') is a solo proprietorship under Dutch law (“eenmanszaak”).
2. These general terms and conditions apply to all services RENDER LC has been requested to provide on the basis of an assignment, including any subsequent or additional assignments, unless agreed otherwise in writing.
3. All assignments are deemed to have been given to RENDER LC only. Assignments will exclusively be performed by or on behalf of RENDER LC.
4. RENDER LC shall execute any assignment issued to it for the benefit of the client only or the company where an interim assignment is executed. Third parties cannot derive any rights from such assignments.
5. Any liability of RENDER LC will be limited to the amount to which a claim is awarded under the professional liability insurance in the matter concerned, to be increased by the amount of the deductible as provided for under the terms of the applicable insurance policy. Further information about the contents of the terms of the insurance policy will be provided upon request. If, for whatever reason, no amount is paid out under the above mentioned insurance, the liability of RENDER LC shall be limited to a maximum of euro 10.000,- (ten thousand euros).
6. Claims for damages shall expire after a period of one year from the day following the day on which the client became aware of the damages and the liability of RENDER LC.
7. RENDER LC may engage third parties in connection with the instruction from the client and it shall exercise due care in its selection of third parties. RENDER LC is not liable for damage that is the consequence of failures by third parties. RENDER LC assumes, and hereby stipulates, that each engagement includes the authority to accept, also on behalf of the client, any limitations of liability on the part of third parties.
8. Client indemnifies RENDER LC against any claims of third parties, including the reasonable costs of legal assistance, which in any way relate to or arise from the activities carried out on behalf of the client, except in the case of intent or gross negligence on the part of RENDER LC.
9. Personal data is being processed while performing an assignment for client. More information about data processing can be found in the privacy statement on the website of RENDER LC.
10. RENDER LC undertakes to keep all information received from the client, that is known or should reasonably be known to be of a confidential nature, strictly confidential. RENDER LC shall use such confidential information only for the purpose for which it has been provided. RENDER LC is allowed to use client’s name as a reference.
11. Unless otherwise agreed, the fees due shall be calculated in accordance with the hours worked, multiplied with the applicable hourly fee. All amounts are exclusive of vat. Services will in principle be invoiced on a monthly basis and have a payment term of 14 (fourteen) days.
12. RENDER LC is authorized to terminate assignments at all times (“tussentijdse opzegging”) without being bound to any compensation to the client.
13. The relationship between RENDER LC and its clients shall be governed by Dutch law. The District Court Zeeland-West-Brabant, location Breda, the Netherlands, has exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising between RENDER and a client.
14. RENDER LC has the right to change these general terms and conditions. The amended general terms and conditions shall become effective one month after notification thereof to the client. The client may terminate an assignment per the date on which the new general terms and conditions will become effective. RENDER LC shall not be liable to the client for any damages as a result thereof.
15. These general terms and conditions are available in both Dutch and English languages. In the event of any dispute arising about the contents or meaning of these general terms and provisions, the Dutch version will prevail.
RENDER LC is established in Breda and registered with the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 76792161. The most recent version of the general terms and conditions is available on this website.
Version 3 February 2021