Article 1 Definitions
In this complaints procedure the terms below are defined as follows:
- Complaint: any dissatisfaction with an attorney or a person working under an attorney’s responsibility, expressed in writing by or on behalf of a client and concerning how a request for services has been dealt with, the quality of services, or the amount invoiced, other than a complaint as referred to in article 4 Attorneys Act (Advocatenwet);
- Complainant: the client or his representative that makes a complaint known;
Article 2 Scope
- This complaints procedure applies to all services provided to the client by one or more attorneys at RENDER Legal Consultancy ('RENDER').
- RENDER will respond to complaints in accordance with this complaints procedure.
Article 3 Objectives
The objectives of this complaints procedure are to:
- establish a procedure for constructively dealing with a client’s complaint within a reasonable period of time;
- establish a procedure for determining the cause of a client’s complaint;
- maintain and improve existing relationships by correctly dealing with complaints;
- improve the quality of services.
Article 4 Information at the start of the services
- Before providing services to a client, RENDER informs the client that it has a complaints procedure which applies to the services, which has been made public by placing it on the website of RENDER, www.renderlegal.nl.
- Complaints, as referred to in Article 1 of this complaints procedure, that have not been resolved can be submitted to the "Geschillencommissie Advocatuur" to obtain a binding decision..
Article 5 Internal procedure
- The attorney who the complaint relates to tries to find a solution together with the client.
- RENDER resolves the complaint within four weeks after receiving the complaint or notifies the complainant that this period will be extended, giving the reason for this extension and the period within which an assessment of the complaint will be issued.
- RENDER sends a letter to the client setting out its view whether the complaint was justified, sometimes accompanied by recommendations.
Article 6 Confidentiality and free handling of complaints
- RENDER maintains confidentiality while dealing with the complaint.
- The client does not owe any fee for the handling of the complaint.
Article 7 Responsibilities
- RENDER is responsible for resolving the complaint within the prescribed time.
- RENDER keeps the client informed of the handling of the complaint.
Article 8 Complaints record
- RENDER files the complaint, specifying the subject matter.
- A complaint can be divided into several subject matters.